- Content is often mingled with presentation, and appears in certain context.
- Resources are experienced with the help of user agents (browsers, plug-ins, readers, etc.).
- Resources are media-rich. They employee a multiple of technology standards.
- Interactive resources: One may need several rounds of interactions with a resource in
order to gain a full experience.
- Dynamic content: Content is generated by demand and is used to serve different needs
(w.r.t. browsers, languages, domains, for example).
- The sustainability of the resource itself may depend on user participation (e.g.,
slashdot, sourceforge, eBay).
- Systems/software infrastructures are the prerequisite for any Web resource deployment and experience.